Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Back to Work

I can't believe my time home with Grayson is already over. I've been back to work for 4 days already. My heart breaks every time I have to leave him, but the days go pretty well. It's the anticipation and the actual leaving that hurts the worst. And driving to pick him up. That always takes way too long. I can't wait to get to the babysitters and snatch him out of her arms.

My first official day back at work was last Thursday. I think my slow ease back to work was the best thing I could have done. I worked a Friday, and Jared stayed home with Grayson. Then we had off the next few days together- all 3 of us! Then we dropped Grayson off at daycare for a half day on Wednesday. Then Thursday I headed back to work and Grandma Jo stayed with Grayson at our house, and then Friday I was at work and Grayson was at Carissa's. My kids have made the transition easy on me too. They're such good kids. I'm not burying my head in my hands all day and I can actually have fun teaching and doing what I love.

Daycare is going awesome for Grayson. A girl named Carissa is watching him out of her home. She has two kids of her own and then watches a few other kids. I drop him off at 7 and pick him up by 4. He has "fun". :) Who knows if he does! She says he's good. He's struggling a bit with the bottle, so don't know what's up with that, but it doesn't sound like he's too fussy! He even came home with a craft his 2nd day- a little painted pumpkin that said "Mommy's Little Pumpkin." :) Carissa said the other kids did the craft and she just had to have one for him too! I really appreciated that.

Well, Grayson is already conked. Isn't he always?!? (is that bad?) I might head to bed early. It's tiring being back at work...

No comments:

Post a Comment