Thursday, December 23, 2010

4 month appointment

Grayson had two checkups a little over a week ago (Dec. 14) and I need to update so I have the info in my records.

It was nice for Jared to take one day off and is able to take him to two appointments! I love that he can just take any day off with his job since I used every bit of my sick leave.

First Grayson had an apptmt at the ENT. A few weeks before we went in because he had such a raspy, growly voice and the pedi said he had acid reflux and put him on Zantac. Well, his voice was still terribly low and raspy, so he went in to the ENT and got a scope put up his nose (poor kid- he hates it when I put a q-tip up his nose, not sure how he handled a scope!) but there are no polyps or bad things in there so that's super good news but his esophogus (??- I wasn't there) is really red. The ENT says it's acid reflux so it keeps getting covered with acid all the time. He's really surprised we haven't noticed much throw up or him being bothered but he gave G a new prescription so I hope that helps his voice.

Then in the afternoon he had his 4 month well check which I was able to go to. He's 16 pounds 9 ounces (90th percentile!) and 26 inches long (90th percentile!). All looks good. The pedi kept saying how he seems like a 6 month old with his size and how well he can sit up on his own. I was telling her how he moves all around to get his toys and she was super impressed with the fact that he's rolling from stomach to back and back to stomach to get places. So, I'm really happy it went well. And he got a few more shots again, but no reactions at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment