Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010!


2010 was a wonderful year. Possibly one of the best. The obvious- my darling Grayson was born- but it was more than that. It was a year of starting to feel truly settled. A year of contentment and happiness. Other than the huge day of August 2 with the birth of Little Man, there weren't any huge happenings, but the little things added up to a great year.

I thought I would do a little snapshot of the year to remember the good things..and a few of the bad. Enjoy!

January
Looking back, January was a tough month. Coming back to WV to a frozen gas tank which led to an electrical problem in our pickup. Then to a car with a frozen parking break. January was just a cold month with lots of car problems. Car problems equal money problems. Money problems equal unhappiness.
We were also really excited for our little baby. Maybe too excited. We cleaned out our nursery to make room for baby. Yes, I'll admit. We were jumping on that one pretty quickly, but we were excited!
February
Our January money problems led us to do something about it in February. We decided (okay, Jared forced me into it) to take Financial Peace University at our church and start figuring out how to make money work for us. So, February started our strict budget and learning a lot about finances. It has truly been a life change.

I had a cold this month. So much so I must have decided to take a picture documenting it...and now I feel I need to share it with you.
March
We're having a boy! Let the shopping begin! Mom and I went shopping for little boy things after our gender ultrasound. So much fun!!
April
Getting the nursery set up! Crib is up! Glider is up! All we need now is a baby...4 more months. Sigh.
Opening night at the Iowa Cubs! Cold but a lot of fun!
May
This was a busy month for me! Organizing my school's track and field day was overwhelming and stressful!

We had a weekend celebrating our "Babymoon" in May. We just had a great weekend being together- went to the farmer's market, botanical gardens, out for dinner a few times. Great time being with my love.
We also bought a new vehicle! We said goodbye to our truck that kept leaking fluid and got our Honda CRV. We love it!

We were also incredibly blessed this month. My first baby shower with my 3rd grade class as well as trash bags full of clothes for our little guy from 2 different families...for free. So grateful.
And my garden went in this month. I had so much fun with my garden this year. Onions, red pepper, green pepper, yellow pepper, banana peppers, jalepenos, broccoli, tomato plants, cilantro, and basil. Yum!
June
It's summer! I realized later that I should have gotten some type of summer job. Don't get me wrong- I thoroughly enjoyed my summer of lazing around, getting ready for baby, but the days also got me antsy for our new addition. I spent a lot of time in my garden (but it never took long, it was small), cleaning the house, scanning pictures, and being a wife. :)

July
Baby's room is ready! Mom and I spent a few days together sewing up curtains, a quilt, pillow, and a bed skirt for baby's room. Looks wonderful!
Lazing around in Dad and Mom's pool. Such a wonderful feeling to just relax. Did get burned one day a BIT too much. My belly was RED!!
August
Grayson Taply Wells was born on August 2!! Best day of the year. He's been a wonderful baby and has been such a blessing to our family.
August was a great month of getting to know our little boy and learning how to be a family. Our little boy made it pretty easy on us by being pretty laid back, slept well, and ate well. Dad had a few weeks off from work and mom was on maternity leave, so we spent a lot of time together as family.
September
We had a few fun outings this month! We went to a Labor Day parade to see Daddy's drum line perform. Grayson just laid back and chilled the whole time.
Grayson also took his first combine ride! We visited Grandpa Dave while he was harvesting and we had a great time riding with him. Grayson even got to steer the combine!
Mommy had to go back to work at the end of the month. Grayson does a great job at Carissa's and I miss him, but the days go quickly.

October
Grayson took his first trainride! We had fun going to Boone Scenic Railroad. Not as fun as we envisioned, but fun none-the-less.
Baptism! October 24 was a special day as Grayson got baptized into the Lord's family. We had a wonderful day celebrating with Grandpas and Grandmas and aunt and uncles and cousins here to celebrate.
November
This month flew by. Not much too special, but we're having fun being a family and watching Grayson as he experiences so many firsts.

Many tears.
But so many smiles!
Putting the star on our tree.
December
Again, another month that flew by. Christmas was pretty special this year as it was Grayson's first. We had a wonderful time with family and it was great being together to celebrate.
Happy New Year! We're excited for this year and everything that it holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment